My Hellbound II contribution has been called "funny and creepy" which fills me with delight!
I drew a strip for the Cartoon Crier - a joint project of the National Cartoonists Society and the Center for Cartoon Studies. The whole thing is available here - I'm keeping some pretty snazzy company.
I've also started doing some comics that amazingly do NOT include a sad or neurotic girl who melts or goes on a violent rampage or anything like that! These include an illustration for Jesse Lonergan's ROBOTS! minicomic, which came out long enough ago that it is pretty terrible for me to only be posting about it now.
![]() | |||
| It's a "robobotamus" |
Then I did some library-themed comics for a project I was involved in when I worked at UC Irvine. This one is all about finding science information and lives in limbo right now. You can see more about it here though. It's cheerful.
Most recently I've been writing about comics, in a blog post that is much more carefully thought out than anything you will find here. My thoughts on comics, creators' rights and critical thinking can be found at School Library Journal's excellent Connect the Pop blog - here.




No comments:
Post a Comment