Tuesday, June 2, 2009

spineless

Behold! The imaginary friend story is still in the works, but in the meantime I have made a creepy loser collection. This is the almost-final cover:

This collects a whole bunch of my comics - old and new, including a couple of never before seen pages from Dead Air #3! Putting them all together is actually kind of uncomfortable...there are certain ideas that show up over and over again that don't paint the rosiest picture of the cartoonist. Lonely, self-absorbed girls, lonely, self-absorbed monsters, fun poked at consumer culture and also fun poked at people who poke fun at consumer culture...people who watch while their friends are devoured by monsters...

Here's a sampling of random panels, somewhat inexpertly scanned for full effect:








In any case I had fun making this. I think if it says anything about me, it's that I'm a Creepy Loser. From the bottom of my tepid, wishy-washy heart. 

I will have these at MoCCA and afterwards they will be available through IKnowJoeKimpel. The cover has shiny parts.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

HURRAY!

Brent said...

It looks like a great collection - can't wait! (Maybe all of the lonely people and monsters just need to go out together shopping? One deus ex machina, coming up!)