Thursday, September 4, 2008

Please Come to My Imaginary Party

invitation courtesy of Brent Miller                                                                                             

I'm having a party, by which I mean I'm drawing a party. 

And I have reached a special level of pathetic where I'm going to pretend that I am actually at said party. There will be a keg and live music in the living room, courtesy of Midnight Carnival ("I didn't think up the name"). 

I will be hiding behind the horrible plaid couch with a handle of Jim Beam and a sketch pad. Be warned: the girls next door were invited and might show up.

Also be warned: at the rate I've been drawing lately this party might be going on for the rest of September. I fully expect to be passed out on the stoop surrounded by half empty bottles and cigarette butts by the end. 

In any case, I invite you to join me in my sad charade. Feel free to immerse yourselves in the rough pages I will be working from - taste the cheap beer, smell the sweat, frown at the selection of music...

Then if you want to take it even further and leave me comments as if we were actually at this party, I will totally make you a character and put you in the finished pages. 











25 comments:

Lauren O said...

i'll be there!

Anonymous said...

Everyone to the ice luge I just set up over here!

Anonymous said...

No one ever eats my vegan jello shots.

Caitlin said...

Johnson's friends are all over your jello shots!

There was pizza but it was secret. One had vegan cheese and the other had pepperoni and bacon. There's still like half a crust and a tiny glop of cheese sitting in the box.

Anonymous said...

I totally missed the pizza, wtf. Luckily I get all my B vitamins from beer.

Sam Gas Can said...

Sorry about the pizza, I guess I should have eaten before I came...*URP*

Lauren O said...

does any one have a bottle opener?

Anonymous said...

It's steph. could you draw me looking sleepy/friendly some place. then i plan to lame out on the party, at 10, cause I'm sleepy. whether or not i actually leave will be up to you.

<3

Lauren O said...

who pissed all over the fucking toilet? god you guys are such assholes.

Caitlin said...

Maybe somebody should go hit up Pizza Wizard before they close. See what those jerks outside are up to too. Somebody said stargazing.

Try not to step on Steph on the way out.

Brent said...

Pizza Wizard?! Isn't that the place that puts "magic sauce" on everything?

Caitlin said...

Also, everybody at this party is smoking hot.

Brent said...

Anyone need another drink?

Sam Gas Can said...

I am going to go buy pineapple salsa, and when I am getting back, I am fucking putting on a fucking Devo record.

Lauren O said...

dude! did you see those two leave together? i think there are tottaly going to "F" tonight

penina said...

I want to party with you, Caitlin! PARTY SO HARD!

Caitlin said...

wow, thank you guys for coming...you guys are the best!!
I love you guyyyssssh...hang on I gotta go vomit in the alley but we'll finish this thought later.

Anonymous said...

Where's the keg?! I brought this friend of mine who just got out of jail. I hope that's cool.

Lauren O said...

urgh... thanks for letting me crash here... uh, could i get ride home?

Caitlin said...

Ngggh. You're still here? I'll whip up some coffee and scrambled donuts.

Oh, and whoever spilled beer all over Jake's turntables is in serious fucking trouble.

Colleen said...

Dammit! I'm always the last to arrive.

I'll give you a ride home if you introduce me to that cute guy passed out in the bathtub.

James Wu said...

Damn--I wrote a comment a while ago but it never showed up. This is what happens when you invite me to a party.

I think I said something to the effect that I would eat and drink everything but bring nothing, I would talk loudly enough to be heard in the next time zone, and I would leave early, to the delight of the entire party.

Hurray?

Unknown said...

Anyone wanna step outside for a smoke?

I have various recreational inhalables...

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...cola and apple juice taste good mixed together.

SubSub said...

I've been here the whole time, quietly sitting by the speakers, reading your mail.