Sunday, June 15, 2008

recent short stories


One fine day I hope to have drawn enough odd little comics that I can throw them together in a book and call it the Creepy Loser Compendium. I lie awake at night imagining what the cover should look like.

In the meantime, I've been lucky enough to be included in some pretty rockin' anthologies, including:

Secrets and Lies, a hefty tome edited by Cat Garza and featuring enough comics to get you through the apocalypse (if, say, you're hiding in a bunker somewhere and you're not dead and you need an entertaining book to read until it's safe to go outside again and see how the world has changed - this could be your book!!)

My story is called The Snow Beast in Springtime. Here's a page:

Indelible is an anthology of work by the ladies (students, alumni, teachers, interns etc.) of the Center for Cartoon Studies. It was co-edited by the fiercely talented C. Frakes and Kubby Barry, and is available, may I add, at www.iknowjoekimpel.com.

I reprinted an older story - Apocalypse High School - and also drew a new story: Pre-Apocalypse High School. 
Last but certainly not least, the folks at IKnowJoeKimpel are launching a series of handsome little square anthologies, beginning with Sorry. Features comics by me, Colleen Frakes, Mario Van Buren and Emily Wieja. It's hip to be square, you won't be sorry, etc. etc. don't kill me.

My story is called Mermaid Monster Blues. Warning: contains both nipples and murder, as evidenced by these samples:
Also, if ill-fated Mermaid love is something you like, you really should read Colleen's Tragic Relief.





No comments: